Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Made with Love...


All of our handmade creations are Made with Love - right?  And this little stamp set from Stampin' Up! with the same name is just so sweet.  I adore the little critters in the set - and I think they get overlooked more than they should.

This card was created with one of my downline in mind.  She became a Grandma for the first time on Valentine's Day.  I know she's been looking forward to this day for a long time.  And as a first time grandparent - she's due a special card too - right?  I think so!


I broke out my stars mask (stencil) for this one too.  Something that also gets neglected in my craft room.  I have a feeling you'll be seeing a little more from these stencils tho.  Just warning you!

The sweet little deer was colored using blender pens and my ink pads on watercolor paper.  I like the way a blender pen works on the watercolor paper - it doesn't pill up the paper like regular cardstock does.  Plus, because the tips of the blender pen are more stiff than an aqua painter, it's a little easier to color.  Once I had "her" all colored, I added the eye and mouth back in with a black marker, and also whitened up the spots with my gel pen.  A Wink of Stella brush pen sparkled up the little bow, giving the deer some bling!

I think this is really a sweet card - what are your thoughts?  Have you used this set before?



Product List

No comments: