Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Watercolored Stippled Blossoms


Thought I'd try something a little different for this Stippled Blossoms stamp set today.  This is one of my favorite sets - I would have used it a TON if it was in photopolymer.  I'm not one to get out my Stamp-a-ma-jig very often.  However I did use my MISTI tool for the positioning of the stamps for this card.  

So onto the something different.  I didn't want such a stippled appearance to the flower today - I wanted something softer.  

I grabbed some watercolor paper and stamped the solid image of the largest flower in Blushing Bride.  This ends up a little blotchy in appearance on the watercolor paper - I'm sure because of the texture of the paper.  So I grabbed my aquapainter and let that do the work of filling in all the "holes".  

While that was drying, I loaded up the MISTI tool with the stippled image.  I use a window sheet taped inside of the MISTI tool as a positioner.  This works perfect and I just clean it off with a baby wipe.  I inked up the stippled image with Calypso Coral ink and stamped it on my flower.  Again, using the aqua painter to soften the stipples.  It doesn't eliminate the stipples completely, but it does wash them out a bit.


I repeated this for the leaves and the other flower.  Lastly, I watercolored around the entire image with Pear Pizzazz.  Oh...I also loaded up my aqua painter with some Calypso Coral ink and then gave it a little squeeze so that there would be lots of water at the tip of the brush.  Then I tapped on the brush to create the splatter marks.  

To finish the card off stamped the "grown with love" in Pear Pizzazz ink randomly down the right side of the card (I stamped off first).  I added the "love ya" piece, die cutting it with one of the label dies and cut off the stem piece.  

Not sure where the washi tape came from.....I have so much of that stuff....who knows where it came from!  But it did really help anchor the flower panel - which BTW is adhered with a layer of fun foam under the panel for stability as it goes thru the mail.


FYI - if you haven't seen this post yet about the no line watercoloring,  be sure to check it out.  I'll be posting a winner of the cards tomorrow.  You still have time to leave a comment!


Product List

post signature

No comments: