Thursday, April 23, 2015

Lovely Amazing You



Howdy everyone!  

I've got a quick post for you today....

Another card with a bit of a watercolor technique.  The entire front panel is watercolor paper.  I wet the paper first with a big brush.  On my craft sheet, I had taken a Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana ink pad and smooshed them onto the ink pad.  Then I took the wet watercolor paper and smooshed that into the ink colors.  They start to instantly run together and create this fun watery look.

I let the paper dry really well, then stamped the feathers from Lovely Amazing You in Blackberry Bliss ink.  This was mounted onto a Calypso Coral card base.  I added the scrap strips of Calypso Coral to the front to tie that into the base - since you can't see that in the photos anyway... :)

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set and added some sequins - 2013-15 In Color Sequins (retiring).  

I know this was an odd color combo....but I think in the end it really worked.  Do you agree?




No comments: