Monday, December 29, 2014

SNEAK PEEK WEEK!!! Day 1 - Butterfly Basics

Are you guys ready for a really fun week?

The Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalog is going to go live in a just a week....and one day.....but who's really counting?

Well - me!  

And this year Sale-A-Bration is getting an early start too!  It'll start Jan. 6th as well!  It couldn't get any better than that!  That means that with every $50 you purchase (pre-shipping and tax) you get to pick something from the Sale-A-Bration catalog for free. 

Let me tell ya - there are some GREAT items this year!  

Wanna see some???


Let's talk about this amazing butterfly die - Butterflies Thinlits.  There are actually 3 dies in the set and one is HUGE! The are so detailed and beautiful - they just scream spring!  I will suggest you use some wax paper between your cardstock and the die when you are cutting.  The cardstock will release from the die with ease that way.  And if you notice, I actually used the waxed paper image behind my butterfly!  I loved the soft vellum look that it gave. 

I followed the sketch from RetroSketches - it's been so long since I participated in a sketch challenge, but I really enjoyed doing this one!



The designer paper is from Best Year Ever - it's a Sale-A-Bration item - so YES! - it's a Freebie!  The button on top of the butterfly and the ribbon behind are part of the Best Year Ever Accessory pack - also a SAB item! And ALSO FREE!



Don't you just love the springy colors?  I could just eat 'em up!  We haven't really even had winter yet and I think I'm ready for spring!! 

Well....after ONE good blizzard that is.  Just one.



The butterfly was die cut from Crushed Curry cardstock.  A color that I often associate with fall.  And it did seem to have a lot of warm undertones for this card, but I really liked it.  So....to soften it up a bit, I used a Wink of Stella brush over the top to give it some shimmer.  It was JUST what it needed.

Hope you liked today's Sneak Peek - come back tomorrow for another!


Product List


Zig - Wink of Stella Brush: http://amzn.to/1wYPLO5

3 comments:

Cyndi G said...

Just one word ... "LOVE"
(you know that those butterflies are at the top of my list!!!)

Jessica said...

I linked today at this challenge and happened to noticed your name and beautiful card in there. One word from me: WAO! Ok..more than one word. Absolutely precious!
TFS!
Jess

Michelle said...

This is darling! I love your butterfly with the added shimmer and how you've offset the squares. That DSP looks like the sky. Works beautifully together!