Saturday, June 15, 2013

Thankful for You - from Banner Greetings




Do you sometimes struggle finding a way to use the larger patterned papers on your cards?  Here's one way to use them up!  
Today, I've created a fun, bright card!  (except not in that first picture - all of this rain, I can't get decent pictures without some natural light - and I couldn't get it to edit very well either.  The butterfly underneath has green stripes, not brown stripes!  Ick!)  


If you use that bold pattern as your background, and then cover with something larger and with smaller patterns, it will mellow out that large patterned paper.  The doily I've used covers up a lot of the pattern, but you can still tell that it's a floral pattern with some really great colors.  All of the papers here happen to come from the Gingham Garden DSP - have I mentioned that I love this paper?  Well....I do!

Isn't this a fun card?  I'd love to hear how YOU use your large patterns on cards - leave me a comment!

post signature

No comments: