Sunday, June 9, 2013

Celebrate - with Sketched Birthdays


This weekend we have a Celebration going on in our little town.  It's the St. Peter's Parish Picnic.  And while it rained all day yesterday, we were still able to have the kids games and dance in a couple of our buildings.  

My kids got to attend their first ever dance - for a while.  Let me tell you - I should have had my camera ready!  I looked over at Aubrie on the dance floor and she was having a blast.  I thought to myself - "She's got the moves like Jagger!"  She was dancing with some older girls - they were 11!  That's big stuff!!  But after a couple of dances, she declared she was ready to go home.  And, so was Mommy!  Cuz we'll be back at it today.  I'm hoping the skies clear and the sun shines - or the blow up rides we have lined up aren't going to happen, and I'm afraid I'll have three very disappointed kids.



Let's talk about today's card, shall we.  Again, you'll notice - not a lot of fluff.  I'm really beginning to question my love for embellishments!!!  I've bought embellishments....but they haven't been calling to me like they usually do.

Anyway - the only thing that takes a smidge of time on this one is the cutting of the balloons.  Honestly, tho, it doesn't take that long to cut them out.

I stamped the balloons on my base piece of Whisper White first - but didn't ink up the string portion on all of them.  I did this for a couple of reasons.  First off - I wanted to know where to place the balloons that I cut out.  Secondly, when I was to stamp the very top balloon, the string was going to look awkward, and very short, so I just didn't ink that part up.

I stamped the balloons again on a separate piece of Whisper White and colored them with my markers, then fussy cut.  Some of them I adhered directly and some I used Stampin' Dimensionals.  Then I added the Celebrate banner to appear as its holding the balloons together.

To balance out the card, I added a strip of patterned paper from Birthday Basics, and a punched Scalloped Border in Basic Gray.

Once again, I have a VERY mailable card....

What do you think of it?  I'd love some comments!

post signature

Supplies Used:


No comments: