Tuesday, May 14, 2013

More Blue Ribbon Graduation! And a challenge for you!


Howdy folks!  I've got another graduation card to share with you today!  This one is clean and simple, and bold and graphic.  Sure to please a teen graduate - right??



This one has a card base of Smokey Slate - have I mentioned that I really like this shade of gray?  (no pun intended there peeps!)

To make this card, I simply used our largest square punch, 1 3/8" and marked the center - which is 3/4" - I think...Heck....I'm no mathematician!  I was just saying the other day that I don't know why Algebra is a required course.  After all....when was the last time I used Algebra - 1992???  

Anyway....mark the center of your square so that you can punch the center out with a circle.  I use the mark as a guide to make sure that I'm not going to end up with my punched circle off to one side or the other.  It's not going to be perfect, but it'll be darn close.  

THEN - I laid out my four circle-squares and decided how much space I needed between them, which determined how big my white square would be.  In other words - I kind of worked backwards.

The numbers were a die I used from my stash, but I did use our Adhesive Sheets on the back of the cardstock before I die cut them - and that was a LIFESAVER!  No Two Way Glue, No Tombow - just peel and stick!  SWEET!   

And once again - I splattered the card all up - for that teen appeal!  Well. And because I like it!

I hope you'll use this as inspiration for some graduation cards yourself - but what else could it be?  An Anniversary card?  Soften the colors, and it could be a Baby card with the year the baby was born.  Shall we try a little challenge?

Use this card as inspiration for your own - and link up your creation back here.  You can use the color combo, the sketch, whatever inspires YOU!  You don't need to stick with just Stampin' Up! products. Post your creation on your blog, an online gallery, Flickr - just be sure to link it back here!  I'll leave this challenge open for one week, and next Tuesday I'll pick a winner that will receive a prize package of lots and lots of goodies - embellishments, cardstock, designer paper...  So - go have some fun, would ya!


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I ask a dumb question? Do you use colored pencils to color in the stamp? Is there a beginning 101 class link to learn about this? I feel so dumb......

Unknown said...

Anonymous - No, I use an ink pad on the stamp - it gives you a more crisp image. This image happens to be distressed tho - so it's a bit blotchy! Watch my blog for some upcoming online classes - starting in June!