Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Papillion Potpourri - a one layer card!




So the other day, I created this card.  I had this great idea in my head.  I decided I should execute the idea while it was still fresh.  I got to work, stamped the butterflies and colored them.  Except - then I wasn't so sure I liked it!  Ahhhhh!!!  Dang it!  I stamped the sentiment in hopes of selling myself on it.  That didn't work either.  Hmmm....I thought and thought.  It was really the coloring that didn't look good.  How could I make it look better?  Or softer?  

Ding. Dong.  The bell rang.  Glitter!  Glitter is my solution.  I broke out the Two Way Glue Pen and added some Dazzling Diamonds to the butterflies.  Voila!  That did it!  I'm sold.  I'm very sold!!!  And what I love about this - it's so easy to "mass produce" for a package gift.




It just so happens that this week, the crew over at The Paper Players have a one layer card challenge.  I would guess that this fits the bill!!!



Supply List:





post signature

3 comments:

Brian King said...

Jen - the card is beautiful, and the glitter makes these butterflies gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

Ann Schach said...

A perfect CAS card, Jen! The glitter is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Jut gorgeous Jen! I love how the colors pop off the clean background and the sparkles are the perfect touch. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)