Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Oh Hello! & Thanks SO MUCH!


Isn't this card smashing? This card combines two techniques I recently did video tutorials on.

First off - let's talk about how the sentiment stands out.  This is such an easy thing to do, and it really will help your sentiment pop when you need it to.  You can see how I create this look in this post.  Our cards are really all about what we want to say, right?  Whether that's an, "I'm sorry" or "Hey - You Rock".  The sentiment on the card should take care of what we are wanting to express.  Therefore, there are times that you really need it to stand out.

Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean we can't embellish!  Oh, heck yeah....we can embellish!!!  Just as I've done here.  And that leads me to the way I colored the flowers on this card.  You can find the how to's in this post.  As you may know, the floral trim in the Spring Catalog only comes in a vanilla color.  However, since it's so easy to change the color, I have no doubt that you'll be coloring the majority of the flowers on that roll!  Every color under the rainbow!  Here I used Summer Starfruit.  I really like how it pairs up with the  Pool Party color.

A couple of more embellishments to talk about - that doily.  Oh, how I love me some doilies!  Here, I simply folded it in half.  Sure, I could have cut it in half, but I wanted it to have some substance.  To be a little thicker than just a single layer.  I was needing to work in some texture (besides those adorable little flowers), so also included a bit of the new Natural Trim Ribbon out of the Spring Catalog.  It evokes somewhat of a burlap feel, but is more condensed.  The texture of it is perfect.  I know it will work well with more feminine and masculine cards.

I hope you liked today's card.  If you'd like more inspiration delivered right to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my newsletter - at the upper right corner of the blog.



post signature

2 comments:

Eileen Lang said...

Beautiful card. Love how you dyed the flowers. I'll have to try that.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Eileen! Those flowers will be in my arsenal for quite a while now! I'm hooked!