Thursday, January 3, 2013

Grandma's Collection Vol. 3


Here's another card that I included in the packets of cards I gave to my Grandmothers.  Remember, I wanted these cards to be easily mailable without extra postage.  So, I limited the buttons and ribbon, specifically bows and knots.

This card, tho, still has a lot of dimension to it, but once in an envelope will be flat enough to mail with a single stamp.

Thanks to the new Honeycomb Embossing Folder and Primrose Petals Core'dinations Paper, the background is full of texture and dimension.  Add some flowers that have been curled with my bone folder, and you've got a flower that pops off the card too.

In lieu of a button, I created a flower center that had some pizzazz to it - stamping one of the medallions from  Daydream Medallions in Tempting Turquoise on Pool Party.  I thought it added just the right amount of color without being overpowering....and all that pink needed broken up a bit.  Otherwise it looked like a bottle of Pepto Bismal had exploded on my card!

That sweet little Thank You sentiment is from a new set in the Sale-A-Bration catalog.  I stamped that in Tempting Turquoise too, so that it would all tie together.

On a super fun note....there are a lot of great things going on at Stampin' Up! today!  Not only is today the first day that you can order from the Spring Catalog, but there are some fun, exclusive new Valentine's kits that are starting today!


You can find these awesome deals on my website - CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL OF THE DETAILS!

post signature

No comments: