Saturday, December 8, 2012

Ombre Baby Card


Quick post for you today....

A simple, easy baby card.   And it's right on trend with an ombre feel to it....



How do you create that ombre sentiment.  Not to hard really.  Couple of tips:

  • Grab 3 ink pads that are the same color, but different shades of each other.  Here I used Not Quite Navy, Island Indigo, and Baja Breeze.
  • Stamp 4 sentiments in the darkest shade (Not Quite Navy)
  • Stamp 2 sentiments in the middle shade (Island Indigo), stamp it a 3rd time without reinking the stamp.
  • Stamp 3 sentiments in the lightest shade (Baja Breeze), stamp it 2 more times without inking back up.
I did draw a straight line on my cardstock with a pencil to line up the sentiment.  I was too lazy to get my stamp-a-ma-jig out and use that.  I just made a mark on the foam of my stamp with a pen, and that way I could line up the line on  the foam with the pencil mark on my cardstock.  Worked slick!

Alrighty - I gotta get busy....cookie making day with the girly-friends!  


post signature

Supply List:


No comments: