Friday, November 2, 2012

On the 2nd Day of Christmas....


....my true love gave to me...COFFEE!!!  MMM....you guys know that I love my coffee right?  Recently, I broke down and purchased myself a Keurig.  I've only wanted one for 2 years.  I got a heck of a deal on it, so I couldn't resist.  I've gone thru numerous little k-cups in the last few days, and went to purchase more and realized they they can be pricey little buggers!  It dawned on me - what a great little gift for other Keurig fans.  Throw them in this cute little package and you've got the perfect gift in the bag!  Well.  More like a box.


I created my box using Gumball Green. Then decorated it with some designer paper, the mug and steam from Scentsational Season, and die cut them with Holiday Collection framelits dies.

***Edited to add: A question arose - "How do you get your markered stamp to stamp so well."  This is a great question.  And I don't really like the way a stamped image looks when you've used markers to color the stamp.  It just isn't crisp.  So, in this situation, I stamped the mug in Cherry Cobbler, using my ink pad.  Then I take my blender pen and wipe away the Cherry Cobbler ink where the "coffee" or "cocoa" portion is.  You will want to wipe off the ink, then clean off your blender pen on scratch paper, and wipe again.  Possibly several times.  Then ink that portion with your marker.  Here I used Soft Suede.  You'll end up with a much nicer image than if you were to color the entire mug with a marker.  Hope that helps!




This is the template that I used.  It's super simple.  Start with a sheet of cardstock that measures 7 x 10 inches.  Score as shown in the photo.

Cut away the 4 corners, then snip those 1 1/2" lines just to the intersection.  You need to punch two 1 3/4" circles in the 2" rectangle above the 1/2" strip.  Also punch an oval in the large top section.  You'll then fold it up and glue it together.  I used Tombow - it's my favorite glue if you aren't already aware of that.
Repeat that if you want a box/caddy that holds 4 k-cups.

What do you think?  Adorable?  Yes. Let me know what you think - leave me some comment love!

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my, this IS adorable...love the steam-stamped vellum, the embellishments, everything! VERY clever!

Anonymous said...

I love this! How do you get your markered stamps to stamp so well?!

Phyllis Strickland said...

What a great project!! Love it!

Dawn Easton said...

Love love love this idea, Jen!!!

Linda said...

I love this project and would like to make some for holiday fairs. Can you tell me where you make the cuts to fold and how to assemble. I'm a visual person! Thanks for sharing!!!

Linda