Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day, Campers!




Good Father's Day morning my friends!  Let me warn you right away - you just as well grab a cup of coffee and settle in for this post - it's picture heavy!!!  

When I first saw the new stamp set, The Great Outdoors, I wasn't sure if it was a need or not, but I bit the bullet and got it as one of the free sets that earned during Sale-A-Bration. (That's a perk of being a demo!  I earned 7 free sets this year!!!!)  I figured if I got this as a free one, I didn't actually use any of my own $....know what I mean??  But, now, I'm so glad I have this set!  Here's a lil' somethin' I created for keeping in our camper.  


 We are a family that likes to go camping (in a camper - not a tent!!!)  Sometimes I feel like I'd like to look back at our adventures, but I haven't documented what we've done or where we've been.  We like to check out new campgrounds once in a while, and this little journal will help us keep track of favorite - or not so favorite - places.  And now that Will is writing, he can help contribute!

I started with a plain ol' composition notebook.  Covered the spine, and then decorated the cover.  I found myself smiling all thru-out this project because I just kept loving what it was becoming!  I just love how this cover turned out.

On the inside cover, I attached a glassine bag to hold things we may find along our journeys.  The little tab on the top says Fun Finds.  You'll notice that some of the items are non-SU.  I have a whole collection of "stuff" and was glad to put some of it to good use.


I thought it would be fun to have different sections in the journal for different memories, etc. so, I created page dividers in My Digital Studio and cut them out and attached them to some Crumb Cake cardstock.  I embellished each page divider and stuck them in the book (by gluing them to a page - and then I backed that page with some DSP because the glue bubbled up the notebook paper and looked tacky)



Here is the first page divider - Field Notes:

And right - when I'm camping I always think - It doesn't get any better than this!!!


I stamped the chair on watercolor paper and used my ink pad and an aqua painter to color.  Wish I would have done that with all of the images I watercolored.  I didn't use watercolor paper for all of them and it sure does make a big difference!!!


Another page divider and again I sewed in a glassine bag for some treasures!






Isn't that so true - These are the days...to remember!  And hopefully with our handy journal, we'll be able to look back on these adventures and memories with a happy heart!

This was a fun project and took me less than a day to create!  Something we'll treasure for a lifetime!

Have a great Fathers Day everyone!  We're off to have our annual water fights at my folks' house....

1 comment:

Cindy Fodor said...

Wow, Jen! Amazing project. Your artwork is truly inspired. So happy to have stumbled across your blog.