Saturday, January 14, 2012

You're My Vintage Type!

Good morning!  How are ya today?  Wanna know something?  I'm just a little smitten over this typewriter stamp!  I have a thing for retro and antiques.  I have quite a few antiques in my house.  Nothing of great awesome value, except maybe the antique stove that sits on our porch.  But I've got some cool old fans from the 50's, some old thermoses, old kitchen utensils, crocks and canning jars, etc, etc. So this old typewriter image is up my alley.  I just need to come up with some more ideas to use this stamp.

This was one of the cards we did in Stamp Club this month.  Remember, I told you that we were doing emboss resist on patterned papers.  I thought the doily image paired well with the vintage typewriter, as did the text patterned paper.  Here we stamped the doily in whisper white, then heat embossed it with white EP.  Once it was cooled, we sponged over the top with Crumb Cake to make that doily pop.  You may have to wipe some ink off the doily after you've sponged.


I also incorporated two of the new dies from the Occasions Mini - Adorning Accents die - AND Embossing folder and the Label die around the typewriter.  I just love the way the Edgelit die and the embossing folders work together - it adds so much.

Wanna know more about my stamp clubs?  I have 3 stamp clubs that meet monthly and I always try and teach a new technique.  We meet in Defiance, Denison and Schleswig.  If you are interested in joining us, just shoot me an email and we'll make room for you!  I'm also working on starting a club in Carroll and Harlan, so if that is better for you, just give me a hollar!

Til tomorrow!
Jen


Recipe:
Stamps: You're my Type, Hello Doily

Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, First Edition, Flirtatious
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Adorning Accents die and EF, White EP, Victoria Ribbon, heart punch