Friday, January 13, 2012

Won't you be mine???

Before I dive too far into today's card, I have to share some pretty exciting news!  For some time, off and on, I've been submitting work to Paper Crafts to be published.  Well, today I got the best email ever!  I've been accepted!!!  I'll have a card published in the July/August issue of Paper Crafts.  I will admit, while very exciting for me, I was much more excited the very first time I was published - which was a couple of years ago in PC's special publication called Card Creations.  Don't get me wrong.  I stopped what I was doing and danced a little jig!!  Last time I called my mom immediately, but she's in meetings in Atlanta, so I didn't want to bug her.  I called my husband tho - he showed slight enthusiasm for me!!!  (he's not an overly affectionate kinda guy, and not terribly emotional so slight enthusiasm is good!!!)  Anyway - I'm super excited.  It's so worth all of the times that I've been disappointed with NO acceptance email.  And it goes to show, you've just got to keep trying.  If you give up, you'll never succeed.

Now, onto today's card:


This is one of the cards that my Stamp Club members made this month.  Our technique this month was emboss resist, except we did all of emboss resist on patterned papers.  It just adds a little more interest this way.


For this one, I heat embossed the hearts using clear embossing powder (be VERY careful not to overheat, or the powder melts right into the paper), then I sponged on some Blushing Bride ink and then some Basic Grey ink over the top of that.

Recipe:
Stamps: I {heart} Hearts, PS I love you

Paper: Blushing Bride, Basic Grey, Twitterpated DSP, Whisper White, Ridinghood Red
Ink: Basic Gray, Ridinghood Red, Versamark
Accessories: Full Heart Punch, Clear EP, Modern Label Punch, Basic Gray ribbon, button, white bakers twine

1 comment:

Bev Gomez said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO for you Jen! Congratulations for getting your work submitted. I will be looking for it! YAY for you!