Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch #149


I told you earlier that one of my "goals" for 2012 is to participate in more sketch challenges.  So, I might as well start the first week of the year off on the right foot.  One of my favorite challenges is that hosted by Karen Giron.  I love her sketches and love her work too.  I've been following her blog for a LONG time, back when I started Stampin' Up!, and she was still with them too.  She has a wonderful way with layering...

Anywho....here is my take on her sketch.  I love the fact that she's now keeping her sketches alive for 2 weeks.  This gives me another opportunity to play with this one.

 I'm not really sure I love what I've done here.  It seems a bit fussy for my taste, but I really wanted to try the paper doilies that I see everyone using.  I just don't love my mesh of DSP.  I like them on their own, but here I think it's too busy or something???  I don't know.  I'll try it again in something a little more clean and graphic.....


Recipe:
Paper: Baja Breeze, Ridinghood Red, Whisper White, Basic Grey and Twitterpated DSP
Stamps: P.S. I love you, Heart to Heart
Ink: Basic Grey, Ridinghood Red
Other: Tasteful Trim Die, Rhinestone Jewels, Pinking Circle Die (Nestie), Paper Doily

2 comments:

Cyndi G said...

Very Pretty Jen! I really like the paper doiley layer. I'm with you tho, something doesn't quite work for me and I think it might be the striped paper. Try it with a different DSP in that layer ... I think it will really change the look. Love this sketch too!
P.S. Happy to see you back on here! :-)

Karen Giron said...

Oh my! I adore this card! Love the ricrac die and all the stitching - the doily is fantastic!