Monday, January 30, 2012

Makeover Monday! Week 4


Howdy folks!  Welcome back to Makeover Monday.  While this is a fairly new series, I'd like to explain what this is all about.  Makeover Monday was developed because I have a fondness for many designers in the industry that DO NOT use Stampin' Up! products. (heaven forbid!)  I love what they come up with using things that are non-SU.  Sure, I could purchase what they are using, but that would not be good business practice.  So, I decided that I am going to conquer some of these designs using SU products that I have on hand.  Are you all following me here?   You will soon find out that I am quite partial to Dawn McVey's style, I redesign her cards often.  In fact, her card is once again my inspiration!  Here is her card:

And here is my creation:

While I loved the sunny colors that Dawn used, I opted for something more colorful.  I used doily from Wilton - you know those that you put on a plate under the cookies???  I love the look of these doilies on a card - but you could use SU's new die for that also.  I just haven't purchased that yet!  Then, the scalloped circle comes from the Perfect Pennants die.  Don't forget that some of those dies have other items tucked in there!  The patterned paper is from Domestic Goddess - I just love this floral design.  Sweet lil' touch of vintage!  The butterfly - Beautiful Butterflies then stamped with Delicate Doilies.  The ribbon - Poppy Parade.  Now, I did have to use some buttons from my "stash".  The flower one is SU - in Real Red - but the other buttons were too large and overpowering.  You guys don't mind that I used other buttons tho, do you???  I'm kinda partial to a mish mash of buttons anyway! 

So, there you have it!  It's made over, and I think it's sweet as can be.  FYI - this was a VERY fast card to put together.  Will be whipping up several more to send to my customers that place orders from my website this month!  Yep - that's right!  You can receive this card in the mail too!  Just place an order from my website - http://jenarkfeld.stampinup.net  Don't worry - I'll write you a note on a sticky note so that you can reuse the card! 

'til next time - keep on stampin' !

2 comments:

Patti said...

I love your makeover. Your color choices are terrific. Great idea.

Cyndi G said...

I love your card! Great makeover!