Monday, January 23, 2012

Makeover Monday Week 3!


Howdy folks!  I'm running a little behind with today's post, but I've made it!!!  Phew!  Today is Makeover Monday.  This is where I take a card from some of my favorite (non-SU) designers and make their creation over using Stampin' Up! products.  While I'm only 3 weeks into this series, I've been hearing from many of you that you are loving this so far - that's wonderful to hear!  I'd like you to keep the comments coming - feedback is always good, whether constructive or supportive!

Today's card is brought to you from Dawn McVey's blog.  I know I've said it before, but I adore her style.  She is one of my favorite designers and constantly inspires me!  This is Dawn's card:



And I'd like you to meet my card:


This stamp set was waiting for me when I got back from Leadership Conference.  I was ready!  I don't know why I hadn't gotten this set before - it is a hostess set.  But I love the graphic style, the clean lines, and the "funk" - do you consider it a bit funky??? 

A couple of things that I did different - I did heat emboss the flowers.  I stamped them in Real Red Craft ink and then used clear ep.  I wanted that shine.  I've been using my heat tool extensively lately.  Someone at Leadership even asked if I heat embossed everything?  (my swaps had a lot of embossing)  I also added a textured background on the Melon Mambo piece using a texture plate.  Sometimes I forget about the texture plates - and they are great when an embossing folder is TOO much texture.  I also used textured Very Vanilla cardstock for the scalloped edges. 


I'd like to hear - what do you think???

That's it for today - I'll be back tomorrow with Technical Tuesday and a little something that we made at our Make and Takes at Leadership! 

No comments: