Monday, January 16, 2012

Makeover Monday Week 2

Welcome back to round 2 of my Makeover Monday series.  In this series I "makeover" a card that I find out in web land and redo it using Stampin' Up! supplies (that I have in my collection).  I'm doing this because I'm infatuated with a couple of other well-known Stamp/Paper companies and their designers, but since purchasing from those companies is a hinderance to my business, this series came about.

Today's card is the actual card that sparked my idea about this series to begin with.  This one comes to you from Dawn McVey (one of my fave designers out there!)



I CASED her card almost to a T.   This one was pretty darn easy.  I tried not to let the sentiment stump me.  Cuz, I LUV the sentiment she used.  But, it so happened that the new Outlined Occasions set was sitting on my desk and that was perfect!
Here is my card:



I used the buttons from the Holiday Mini - wishing I would have stocked up on these.  I did actually sew them on with bakers twine and tacked the tails onto the back of the Melon Mambo layer with snail.

What do you think?  Good  makeover??

No comments: