Friday, January 6, 2012

Love you!


Good Morning!  I tried and tried to write this post last night so that it was up right away this morning....but my kids had other plans.  We ended up having 3 kiddos with the stomach flu.  Started at 3 yesterday afternoon and ended at 8am this morning.  I'm just waiting for my turn.  Aubrie seems to be the only one who doesn't want to lounge on the couch today.  Even I want to lounge today.  After being up most of the night, I'm a bit wiped out myself.  So....as I type this, I'm still in my pj's and rubbing Will's feet occasionally!  He's a dramatic sick kid.  He goes thru spurts of whining about how bad he hurts, only to make his head hurt worse.  Alex is a great sick kid.  He just takes care of himself and yells for us to empty his bucket!  :)  Aubrie, well, she just doesn't understand yet.  I think it really freaked the poor little thing out.  She seemed so helpless.  But, to look at this with a positive note, I have to be SO terribly thankful for Stampin' Up!  Why?  Because I'm a demonstrator with them, I CAN stay home with my kids.  I CAN take care of them when they need me. And on days like today when I didn't sleep much, I CAN take a little snooze later if I need to.  I wouldn't be so lucky if I was still working full time.  It's just one of the many perks to this business! 

SO, you want to hear about today's card right - not about our sicky household!!! 

This one is so, SO simple and easy.  I followed the sketch (yeah, another sketch challenge!!!) from CPS .
The most difficult part about the card was my attempt at not smashing the heart embossing strips as I tried to emboss the next strip.  The hearts were from the brand new Adorning Accents Embossing folder pack.  There are two other mini folders that coordinate with the new Edgleits Dies!  And I LOVE them all!

That little chocolate dipped strawberry - you're wondering how I did that???  Maybe?  Well, really pretty simple.  I colored the stamp with markers, stamped it, then went over the "chocolate" part with a Versamarker, and heat embossed with using the new scented embossing powder.  Don't you wish you could smell thru your computer??  I used the cherry scent....and it is smelly! 

Okie doke....must get back to nursing my kids back to health.  Wonder how long I can justify sitting on the couch with the kiddos?  I'm thinking some Pinning on Pinterest might be in order while they watch their movies today!  But, maybe, just maybe, I'll slip into "my room" and do some stamping while they veg.  I do have two cards sitting on top of my desk that didn't get finished yesterday when I was interrupted.....

2 comments:

Cyndi G said...

Wow ... that does look like that strawberry took a fresh dip into the chocolate!

Indy's Designs said...

What a fun card! Love the chocolate-dipped strawberry!