Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I {heart} Flowers


Hello!  How's everyone today?  I think Winter has decided to finally arrive in Iowa.  It is cold and very windy today!  We've been experiencing an unusually warm winter and a lack of snow.  Some Iowans rejoice in this fact.  I one the other hand am one who relishes in the change of seasons.  I like SNOW!  I don't love super cold - but I like to hang out in my turtleneck sweaters, sweatshirts, etc.  I like to hunker down and enjoy a hot cup of coffee and watch the snow fall, or the wind blow the snow into works of art - some may call them snowdrifts, but I think they are beautiful.  The way Mother Nature can blow the snow around into curvy, billowy wonders!  Now, while I'm ready for a good snow storm, it really needs to wait until after Jan. 21st.  I need to be able to make it to Leadership Conference next week in San Antonio!  And my husband says that I need to make it back!  (don't you feel the sarcastic love!)
I can't wait to go to Leadership - it's my first ever!  What a thrill to be able to chum with 1300 other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators - on a trip that's a tax deduction - in a place that is warm, magnificent and historical!  This is one of the perks of SU!  I GET to go to a conference that will be SO MUCH FUN!  I'll be taking classes that I am anticipating.  How different from the Continuing Ed classes that I HAD to take when I worked in the Insurance Industry!  How would you like to join me next year?  I'd love to have you join the Stamp Us Silly group of demonstrators - if you would like to hear some more information about this wonderful opportunity - CONTACT ME!  There is a wonderful special coming around the corner that you DON'T want to miss out on.

Now - how about today's card?


 This one was created using an old sketch from the Clean and Simple archives - you can go to their site and print off all of their old sketches if you'd like for future reference.  The good thing about a sketch is that they don't usually go out of style! 

This card was so quick to make.  I used the I {heart} Hearts stamp set for the hearts (inked in real red) and cut them by hand.  I placed them where I wanted to (without sticking them down) in order to gauze where I wanted the stems to be.  I used the ribbon from the Sale-A-Bration catalog to create the stems.  Pretty easy - they were glued down with two-way glue.  THEN I popped up the hearts.  I love how the Real Red patterned paper (from the Stacks) goes so good with the doily print from Twitterpated DSP.  Do you ever mix and match your DSP??? The sentiment comes from P.S. I love you (Occasions Mini). 

Of course, I feel like it's missing something....some ribbon - oh wait, I did use ribbon...BUTTONS!!! I need to throw in some buttons!  Personally, I think I should have put a cardstock layer under my strip of gray, and I think it would have looked more complete.  What do you think??  I know. I know.  You're too busy wishing you could go to Leadership Conference with me! Guess what - you can!  Next year!!!!

No comments: