Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year to all of you!  I hope you rang in the New Year safely and are ready for a fresh start to 2012!  I have so many grand plans for twenty twelve and am anticipating a successful, fulfilling year.  I'm entering into this New Year with my head held high and I'm going to face some of my obstacles head on!!!

Do you make resolutions?  I've got a few.  I've already mentioned before that I plan - or am resolutioning? - to make an appearance on this poor neglected blog more frequently!  I"m off to a good start - right???
I'm also putting on my goal list - I REALLY want to earn the Stampin' Up! trip to Fiji.  With half way to go, I'm just under the half way mark.  And, with my head held high, I think know I can do it!!!! In an effort to get to Fiji, I will be holding more workshops and classes.

That leads me to the photo collage above.  Let me introduce a new little venture that I'm getting involved with:  Artisan Studio.  Artisan Studio is a new cooperative of artists opening up in Woodbine, IA.  It will be opening this month and I will be teaching monthly classes of various sorts there.  Sometimes I'll have more than one class/month.  The collage above is a collection of the cards in my first class.  Here are the deets:

What:  Everday Enchanted Daisy Card Set and Box  Attendees will make 6 cards (envelopes included) and a sleek box to hold them all.  If you are looking for quick and easy cards to make that have a real "wow" factor, then this class is perfect for you!  Plus, you'll get your hands on some great newly released
When: January 25th, 6:30pm
Where:  Artisan Studio, Main St, Woodbine, IA
Fee: $30 - all supplies are included, you just need to bring scissors and adhesive - and yourself!
Deadline to sign up for this class is January 14th.

I will also be holding the same class in the Denison area, with date and time to be announced early this week.  Along with that I will be posting my class schedule for the next 6 months so that you can plan well in advance.

Is there anything that YOU would like to learn about?  I love to teach new techniques (even OLD techniques)  Leave me a comment with the things YOU would like to learn in 2012 and I'll try and work them into my class schedule!  And if I can't work them into my hands on classes, you might just see them here on the ol' blog as a video class!!!  :)  That's another little fun thing I'm working on...video tutorials.  I'm telling you - 2012 is going to be so much fun, I can hardly stand it!

No comments: