Monday, October 11, 2010

Yet again....I digress!



Alrighty folks, I once again am showing you a non-SU card. It's a rare occassion that it happens, but I just love this stamp set, err, sets...and I really love this card. And what is it that I really love about it? Well, I must say, I did a damn good job of coloring!!! (patting self on back) :)



Isn't it adorable? Yeah, I know! Other that the stamped images, every thing is SU.


Just how did I do such a fab job of coloring, you ask? All it is, is watercolor paper and Stampin' Up Markers, with a blender pen. It takes a little practice, but really it's pretty darn easy. I simply put the color in the dark areas, and blend it towards the light areas. If I get too much color here or there, clean your blender pen, then remove the color - like in those highlight areas. You achieve a look much like that of the ever expensive Copics. And, sure, I'd love some Copics, but they are WAY out of my price range. IF you are reading this, dear lords of the Copic Marker land, I really would pamper your markers and do them a great justice!!

Alrighty, enough begging....back to this card!

I'm beginning to love little snippets of crocheted ribbon on my cards, and I really {heart} those adorable button brads from Stampin' Up! Aren't they too cha cha for words? They come in a package - Vintage Trinkets - along with some cutesy safety pins. In a variety of colors. You really should get yourself some. Contact me, I'll hook you up!




No comments: