Friday, October 1, 2010

World Card Making Day!!



Today is World Card Making Day. Do something great - make (and send) a card to someone just to brighten their day! I will be spending much of the day doing just that. I've got a funeral to go to on Monday, so have 3 Sympathy cards to get made for each of the kids, as we are friends with all of them. Those of you that are local probably know that I'm talking about the Lowell Schroeder family. Lowell had been sick for some time now, but it's still not easy to deal with losing your father, and especially since they have now lost both of their parents. My heart aches for them, and I hope they find peace in all of the happy memories they have had over the years.

So, I'll be making Sympathy cards, but, children willing, I'm hoping to make several other cards to ramp up my Etsy shop. I've been working on some projects that I'll be posting on there over the weekend, but most of those projects have a little something to do with another stamping company.....yes, that other stamp company that I really am drawn to.....and while I try to stay loyal to SU - and am pretty good with my will power, sometimes, I just have to have something new.....you guys can leave me comments if you want to really see what I've done. If I get 10 comments, I'll post the pics here, cuz they are stinkin' cute!!!

In the meantime, here are some cards that are a little old now, but still good to feast your eyes on! HAPPY WCMD - go stamp something. *crossing fingers* I'll be back with more later!

Cards use Day of Gratitude Stamp set and Autumn Spice paper.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! These sure are some gorgeous cards!! I really LOVE this stamp set!! Stop by my blog and see what I made with the same stamp set!! :) Happy WCMD!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, your cards are gorgeous! Love the stamped leaves on both and the lovely fall theme. Thanks for sharing and happy WCMD.

joybear said...

Beautiful cards! Sad being without a parent so ((HUGS)) to the Schroeder family

Colleen { HappyLittleArt } said...

Beautiful cards! Sad that you had to make them for a such sad reason!

AnnMarie said...

Beautiful cards! I look forward to following your blog from VA! :)

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Love the cards. As a SU Demo who enjoys other companies too, I say bring on the other cards.

Tami said...

Great cards Jen! Post the other cards, you know that we want to see everything you do! Plus I'm sure they are great too.

Cyndi G said...

As always, cute cards Jen! Looking forward to seeing more of your inspiration ...