Saturday, October 9, 2010

I {heart) Autumn!!!

Hold onto your seats - while this card is a Sympathy card I have to say, it rocks the autumn themed cards of all time!!! Okay, I'm being a little prejudice, but I do love it. It just screams Autumn to me.

Isn't it go-jus? Granted, I did use a retired leaf set - can't recall the name, and I'm too lazy to go look - it's snuggle time right now with my youngsters. I'm multi-tasking while they are resting. Anyway, I think it's Autumn Days....I used that oldie but goodie technique of rock-n-roll on the stamps to get the variegated look to the leaves. This was a great way to make my own patterned paper. For the tree, I inked it up in Crumb Cake, then thumped the leaves with my More Mustard and Cherry Cobbler markers.

Aren't those leaves neat? And I couldn't get any ribbon on here except for that little snipet. Worked pretty good tho.


Here I want to show you how I used the stamp off technique - I'd stamp onto the card, then twist the stamp and stamp again for a lighter look. ka-chow.




I even went a little bit crazy and inked up the inside....sweet - huh?

No comments: