Saturday, October 16, 2010

2S4Y - Merry & Bright



I've always loved Kazan's sketches over on 2 Sketches 4 You blog. This week, they are having a design team search. I'm feeling the pressure! I've played with the sketch, threw out a few cards, then decided, ahhh.....this one will do. I wanted it clean and simple like the sketch:

In fact, I really didn't venture away from sketch at all. I stayed pretty literal. My gut feeling was to use a snowflake. But, I couldn't find a snowflake in the right size, so here I used the negative image.



I inked the chipboard up with Real Red Craft Ink, then used clear embossing powder on it. I attached a piece of vellum cardstock to the back to see what that looked like. Just alright. How about some sparkle. So, I broke out the Martha Stewart Snow Glitters that I've had for quite some time. Like. Two Years. I know.... I put some glue on the vellum, and sprinkled the snow glitter on. And, I really like that look.

The card is pretty clean. Almost too clean??? Nah.....I wouldn't want to distract from the sparkly snowflake!

That's all folks! ta-ta!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow that is a stunning snowflake - that is two awesome cards in a row!
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Tami said...

Jen, that card is awesome! Where did you get that snowflake negative? You know how I am about snowflakes! I just love your card and wish I had just a smidge of your creativity.