Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I digress....

I know that I have shown you Stampin' Up! products for many years. In fact, I haven't purchased stamp sets from other companies very often - 5 sets is all. And today, I am showing you one of them....like I said - I digress.... Four of those stamp sets are from Papertrey Ink. Two of those are coordinating sets....so REALLY, I just have 4 stamp sets from other companies! (FYI - the other set is from Martha Stewart, and I haven't used it - it's gingerbread, men and I was going to make gingerbread men for Alex's Christmas Tree.) Anywho. I have a set from Papertrey called Friendship Jar, and another set called Friendship Jar Fillers. And here they are, both in action.....

I HAD to have this set. I have a lot of old Mason/Kerr/Ball Jars around the house. I use them in my kitchen and in my craft room. So, these sets just screamed to me....So, I broke down. I haven't played with them a whole lot. I just drool on them and let the ideas flow thru my head. This card I created also fits the bill for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch. It has been WAY too long since I've played along, and I'm making a pact with myself that I will do more of her and other challenges. It's a great way to find ideas and sketches that appeal to you. Back to my card. Ummm....gotta say - I Love it!!! Guess what. While Rich Razzleberry was an In Color, I rarely used it. Purple is just not my color. However, my love of purple coneflowers is another story. I wanted to make these flowers purple coneflowers....and Rich Razzleberry gets some play time!...and some patterned paper time too! Geez - go, Rich Razzleberry, go!

I simply colored those flowers with a blender pen and the top of the ink pads. The green is a combo of Garden Green (too greeny) and Always Artichoke (too artichoky!), but together, they were perfect! Ahh. I love finding sweet perfection.


The sentiment - I love it!

Alrighty, that's my card for the day.....oh, and it's square too - 5 1/4. :)
Until next time - go stamp something!

3 comments:

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

This is SUCH a beautiful card!!!

Lynn said...

Digress more! Like this card with its large visual impact. great 3d effect

Susie W. said...

VERY pretty card. I love purple and I love coneflowers, so your card really got my attention! I,too, like the 3D effect.