Friday, May 14, 2010

Please stay seated!!!

I KNOW!!! *gasp* a blog post from me! Holy moly! right!!! Yes, peeps - I'm here....and it's been way too long. I feel horribly guilty for neglecting you all. For starters, I got those wedding invites done, took a little time off (like a couple of days) to catch up on home life and to really snuggle with that sweet little girl of mine. Then, I needed to create some uber cool projects for my stamp clubs - which I will post NEXT Friday after the last stamp club of the month meets.

For now - I want to show you this adorable card I made for a couple of our friends that recently got engaged:
I used the new Pedaling Past stamp set with the bicycle built for two stamp - I thought it was rather fitting for an engagement card! It took me a while to actually decide that yes, I did want this set. And after I got it and started playing, I realized that there are a lot of 'journeys' that will be fitting with this set. Like retirement, new baby (using that adorable little trike), wedding, graduation....sometimes ya just gotta think outside the box a little! And sometimes, that's a little hard for me.
Yep - check that out....anyone else see something a little out of the norm for my cards??? Hmm....how about that? I tied and actual, for real, BOW! Whaaaaat??? If I can do it - anyone can do it. Bows (at first I typed boys - and they too) always intimidate me. But, if you fiddle, and practice - they will work out!
Recipe:
Stamps: Pedaling Past
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Rose Red, Soft Suede (last two both were to distress edges)
Paper: Kiwi Kiss(retired), Island Oasis DSP, Rose Red
Other: Tempting Turquoise marker, Heart to Heart punch, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon

I want to take a quick minute to let all of you know - if you want some of the colors that are retiring, you better be getting them NOW! Stampin' Up! is quickly running out of retiring papers and inks, and it is not guaranteed that they will be restocking them. In fact, as far as paper goes, it could be that you will get textured cardstock in lieu of smooth if they are out of smooth cardstock. Now is the time to get your order in - don't wait until it's gone, cuz it'll be gone!
That's all for today - off to create while two of the kiddos are sleeping and the other is watching a movie!

No comments: