Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Introducing...Color Renovation!!!

It's time for change and change is good!!! Stampin' Up! announced today that they are revamping their color families - which will now be referred to as color collections. What does this mean? Well, in short, they will be retiring 30 of the current colors - yes, that's right - 30 of them. Now, now, don't fall over in your seat! They are also bringing back 10 of YOUR favorite In Colors from the past as core colors. (including Baja Breeze!!!!! and Wild Wasabi!!!!!) They are also adding 5 new core colors that are very cool! There will be four core color collections - Neutrals, Brights, Regals, and Subtles. Don't worry folks - I know, I know - no more Earth Elements - by far my all time most used color family! Most of these colors have been relocated into the other collections. We still get to keep Old Olive, Choc. Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Not Quite Navy!!! (those are the ones I was really worried about, and relieved to see made the cut!) So, now we'll have 4 color collections with 10 colors in each collection.
What about the In Colors??? Well, get this: The In Colors will now be 5 colors that stick around for 2 - yep - TWO years. However, every year they will introduce 5 new In Colors. So at one time, we will have 10 In Colors. I really like this idea. I'm never happy to see the In Colors go, but at the same time, I'm glad when there are new colors to play with.
What does this mean for you? If there are retiring colors that you can't live without, you will want to get your little hands on some of those ink pads, paper, etc before July 1. What colors are retiring? Here you have it:

Almost Amethyst, Apricot Appeal, Ballet Blue, Barely Banana, Blush Blossom, Bordering Blue, Brilliant Blue, Brocade Blue, Cameo Coral, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Gable Green, Glorious Green, Going Gray, Green Galore, Handsome Hunter, Lavendar Lace, Lovely Lilac, Mellow Moss, Only Orange, Orchid Opulence, Pale Plum, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Sage Shadow, Summer Sun, Taken w/ Teal :(, Yoyo Yellow.

If you want to order some of these colors before they are gone - either shoot me an email, or go to my website, and click on the Shop Now button in the top right corner.

And, are you curious as to what colors are making a comeback???

Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze!, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Tangerine Tango, Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede
Yes, this means that there will be Watercolor Crayons and Markers and pencils (oh my!) in these favorite colors!!

And just to pique your interest, the names of the new colors are:
Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, and Early Espresso!!!!

FYI - Kraft Cardstock (yeah, still my fave neutral) will now be referred to as Crumb Cake and will have coordinating ink!!! But don't be surprised if I still call it Kraft! Crumb Cake will just make me hungry 24-7!

I am so excited to get to play with the brand new colors we have coming out, I can barely stand myself. And even more so, I can't wait to get out some of my favorite old In Colors!!! I've been hoarding EVERY LAST PIECE of BAJA BREEZE - and now there will be more for me to play with!!!

Hip, Hip HOORAY!!!!!

No comments: