Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm back....

...with some new material....
My intentions were to have a bunch of blog posts ready for when I was in the hospital. BUT....since I didn't even come home after my last dr. appt, and just went and delivered a baby instead, that didn't get done. So, here is a card I made last week that I absolutely love!
I don't quite remember how the idea for this one came to me...but I think it's awesome if I do say so myself. Since dandelions will soon be "in season", I decided to make some pretty dandelions. Do you remember when you were little, blowing the dandelion seeds and making a wish? I think the sentiment on this one just conjers up some great childhood memories - probably for lots of people.
This card was super simple to make - in fact I made several at once, and even in different colors. All I did was stamp the dandelion (from Good Friend - combining 2 different stamps), then used a little Crystal Effects on the "pods"? and sprinkled with glitter. Here I used Taken w/ Teal. And, all of the ink on the card is Taken with Teal - which is soon to retire. Better get your little mitts on it while you still can! The card base is Baja Breeze (yeah for it's upcoming comeback!!!) Don't the colors mix well together?? I'm stocking up on Taken w/ Teal just for this reason - because I LOVE it!

Alrighty peeps....I better tend to my newest little stamper. I know Aubrie just can't wait to get her little fingers all inky with me. She's already helped me make banana bread....I hope she'll be a chickie after my own liking!
Let me know - did you ever wish on a dandelion? Oh, and what do you think of my card????

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you're back at daily life already. You're a trooper! Love the card, and what Iowa child hasn't blown a dandilion?

JulieG said...

LOVE this card...so cute :D gotta make a card with some little inky toes!!! instahit!