Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hello....again!

Sorry for my disappearance from the ol' bloggo....I've been struggling with my photo editing program, and so, while a cute little 2 year old used my budda belly for a pillow during his nap today, I sat here with my laptop, and got 'er all figured out (I hope!). Plus I couldn't resist some good snuggle time with little Alex. He's only sweet to me once in a while, and I'll take it whenever he gives it up!
Anywhooooo....it's not that I haven't been doing anything.....although, I have slowed down quite a bit! Somedays the baby just wears me out. Funny how I keep telling my hubby that I can't wait for this baby to show up so I can sleep good at night! The other night I didn't sleep a wink, so therefore my stamping time was turned into nap time - and it must have been needed - I took a two hour nap!!!! Now, I'll just hope that the baby will be a good sleeper! My boys both were, and I'm a nursing mama, so that seems to help with sleep - no bottles to prepare in the middle of the night, just get up, diaper, feed, and go back to sleep! I'm gearing up!

Okay - on with the show, right?
This card features an emboss resist tech, and a masking tech all in one shot....
First, I cut a sticky note with my Big Shot using a Nestie die. FYI - you need to stick the sticky note to a scrap of cardstock or it's too thin for the die to cut thru. Stick your sticky note on your card front where you want it to remain white. Then, those cute little butterflies were stamped with versamark, I used white EP, and heated them up. Keep your sticky note in place, and sponge on the color (Cameo Coral here). I use a wiping motion when I sponge on the color. Once you have the color the way you want it, remove the sticky note. Now, you can stamp in your white space.
On this one, I used the flower from Hello Again (which you can earn free thru Sale-A-Bration!). I inked it up with my SU markers - Taken with Teal, Cameo Coral, and Old Olive. The "hello" sentiment is also in Taken w/ Teal, but I stamped it off once first. I also used my Coral marker and faux stitched around the white space.......
Let me know what you think......can you tell what's missing from this card (for a card done by me anyway!)????

No comments: