Sunday, January 10, 2010

Factory in the making!!!

Wow! I have been a busy gal this weekend!! I was so excited by the instant success of my Etsy shop (link is on the right side) that I couldn't sleep, I just dreamed about stamping, laid awake thinking about what to create.....and so, like a little Valentine elf, I got to work! Hi ho, hi ho, hi ho!!!
My mother in-law had given me these great antique muffin tins, and finally! I put them to good use. I sorted my punched and cut items in them, my buttons, and formed an assembly line.

I had been brainstorming about offering a Valentine's kit to all of you, and I do have something different in the idea box for you - OR - feel free to purchase one of these great kits oer on my Etsy shop.

This bundle includes 6 tags (the hearts are from the Love You Much set, border is punched with that oh-so-sweet Pinking Hearts Border Punch, and a little smidgen of the shiny Sending Love DSP), 6 cellophane bags (4x6 size), and 6 - 8 inch satin ribbons to tie the treat bag shut.
Here's a closer pic of the tag:
There's that super sweet Pinking Hearts border!! And look at that DSP shine - it is so nice to work with something glittery, and not have glitter all over! I {heart} this paper!

I also did the the same set, but changed up the tags. This stamp set is now retired, but it is my go to set for making Valentines for the boys. Last year when they were still going to the sitter, I used it, and I will use it again for Will's preschool Valentines. It's a nice look for kids and isn't over the top mushy! Plus, I like the doodled Friends stamp!
Kit details are the same as above: 6 tags, 6 cellophane bags, and 6 - 8 inch ribbons.

The friends image was stamped using Stazon ink and then colored with my SU! markers. Again, I used the Pinking Hearts border punch - it's just too cha-cha for words! It's a capped off with a bit of DSP (retired) and offset with a little red button.
Lastly, I did a set using the same set as above - it's called Love Matters btw - but remember, it's no longer available - SORRY!
I stamped the flower image 3 times across the bottom with Stazon, then colored with markers. Then I distressed the edges (Bonnie style!) with Close to Cocoa and a sponge dauber. I punched a heart with the Full Heart Punch, and roughed up those edges, the added a scrunchy little flower to the heart that is accented with a red button tied up with some jute twine. The top of the tag is a 1/2 inch circle punch, folded in half, then a hole punched with a 1/16 inch punch.


Aren't these flowers just too cute?
Okay folks! Tell me what you think - would you like something like these as a kit? I'm wondering if you'd like them stamped, punched, etc; then you could just color and assemble. I'd really like to hear some opinions - so PLEASE leave me a comment....I do value what you've got to say!!!
Thanks! Hope you enjoyed!


3 comments:

JulieG said...

So CUTE!!! Man, I gotta get my butt in gear! Hmmm...I was trying to think of a card for Joe's class (using the treat cups), but I love this idea. If you do offer the kits, stamped and ready to color would rock! (that way Joe could pick up where you left off)

Anonymous said...

What did you use for your leaf images in the first tag pictured? Is it the leaf from the Something Sweet set?

Unknown said...

The leaf is actually from the new Vintage Vogue set that is in the Occasions Mini. I used Old Olive Craft ink for this.