Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cupid has struck me!

Here's another little card for you using the Love You Much stamp set. Remember you can earn this stamp set free - check out this post.
This card is super easy peasy and just as sweet as can be. I stamped the heart trio image from the Love You Much stamp set with Whisper White Craft Ink on Real Red. Then, I punched those out using the Heart to Heart punch. I trimmed some of the bottom of the front of the card off - about 3/4", then used that awesome new pinking hearts border punch. (You gotta get this!) I layered a strip (out of my scrap pile) of Real Red onto some sparkly new Sending Love DSP, then put that behind the border punch so that it really popped! Oh, and to make the hearts appear like flowers, I used my paper piercer and free handed some stems. Then stamped a couple of leaves in Old Olive Craft Ink. (Craft ink is GROWING on me!!!)
I decided to leave it just this simple. I wanted a clean look, and that's what I think I got! Believe it or not, NO RIBBON!! The ribbon was calling my name, and I tried to add some, but I just couldn't make it happen.....I could have maybe substituted the leaves with some ribbon knots.....there's an idea.....hmmmm.....I should have thought of that earlier!
What do you think? I love to hear your comments!

1 comment:

Cyndi G said...

Now that 'Pinking Hearts Border Punch' is shouting my name! The red paper behind it really makes it pop. Gotta have it! LOL!