Sunday, December 6, 2009

More Winter Post creations....

Okay - so, once I got the Winter Post set out, I just couldn't put it away. I do so love this set. Well, a couple of weeks ago, our old babysitter, well, she's not old, she's just not our beloved babysitter anymore - but still much loved; she showed up at our house with a BIG bowl of homemade Chicken Noodle soup. She had seen on FB that Andy (dh) was less than impressed with the homemade Chicken Noodle soup I had made, so she brought us some of her yummy stuff, which was MUCH better than mine.
I needed to return her bowl to her, and since we were headed to the town that she moved to for a photo session of my boys, I made up a batch of Chex Mix and filled one of these too too cute coffee bags.

Of course I had to jazz it up with some ribbon - last years Riding Hood Red striped ribbon. Then, I stamped the skaters in Choc. Chip, colored them with watercolor crayons (you must get these!) and die cut it with my Big Shot (you need this too!). I used a Nestabilities dies to cut the shapes. That's what's SO nice about the Big Shot - you can use it with about any die on the market; it's very versatile. I thought the skater image still needed a little sumpin' sumpin', so I added the little postage mark - in Ruby Red, but it's been stamped off twice! I didn't want it to stick out like a sore thumb, and even with stamping it off once, it was a little too vibrant.


I punched two snowflakes with the snowflake punch - one in Ruby Red, and the other in vellum cardstock. The vellum one, I then used a two way glue pen all over, and added some Dazzling Diamonds (my fave glitter!). I also added glitter to the cuffs and hat brim of the lady skating.
FYI - when you use the two way glue/glitter on the vellum, it will curl as it dries. I happen to like this look if it's in the right setting. Reminds me of the way that Queen Anne's Lace dries. My snowflake here hadn't started to curl just yet.

Thanks for stopping by peeps!
Jen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Kelly!!! I feel so honored!!!

Diane Noble said...

Jen, this truly is beautiful! I love, love, love your soft color combination. Just gorgeous...and what's even better...I just discovered your wonderful blog through the blog find of the day! Congratulations! Well deserved!

stamperbeth said...

I love this! I don't think the post mark is too loud at all. Very nice and I'm sure your friend loved it. I think I'll copy this coffee bag idea.