Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gifts for giving...

Here's a nifty gift packaging idea - and *gasp* this one is NOT a Christmas project....I know, I know, I'm off the Christmas bandwagon for a day, maybe two. (I've also got Alex's birthday invites to concoct - well really just finish up - the plan has been formulated already) Then I'll be hopping right back on that Christmas wagon....I even about put some Christmas music on the other day. I couldn't stop signing - something I can't remember now, but I was in the mood for Christmas music! (I know Sandy, there is nothing wrong with listening to Christmas music all year round!!! )

Okay, back to our regularly irregular scheduled program....this gift package. Well, I got these coffee bags from Papertrey Ink, and needed a little something for my sister's birthday, whom I typically give money to, and then we go shopping, but I wanted a little extra "thing". So, I crafted up this coffee bag and filled it with some caramel corn (which has a story of it's own).


This was quite easy. It came with a window, so I traced the window onto some vellum cardstock, so I would know where to cut the window in my paper. Layered some paper up, stamped a could of images from the SU Circle Circus set (say that 5 times real fast!), and viola! Done. The bags are even lined so that they are food safe.
Hey - and just to toot my own horn. My post with the Cocoa jar in it (below) is going to be featured on the Yahoo Group - Stampin' Up! Late Night Stampers. Such an honor...I'm a bit in shock! So - picture it, I'm doing a little dance, buda belly and all!
Alright people - that's it for now....off to work on Alex's B-day invites!

No comments: