Thursday, June 11, 2009

Emboss Resist!

As I said in my previous post, we worked on some emboss resist projects this month in my Stamp Club groups. This technique is quite simple:

Stamp you image in Versamark on light colored cardstock.
Sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder.
Heat.
Using a sponge or brayer, go over the top of your embossed image with darker ink. Take a kleenex and wipe off the excess ink. Your clear embossed image will resist any ink that you've sponged or brayered over the top, leaving the color of the paper show thru.

Can you see on the above image? I embossed the florish, and when I brayered ink back over the top, the flourish remains the light color of the Pink Pirouhette paper. (I brayered several times over the top with the same Pink Pirouhette ink color.) Then I stamped the flowers in Rose Red, and there too, the ink is resisted, and flowers appear to be behind the flourish.

Another tip: typically when you emboss you need to use either Versamark, or Craft ink for the embossing powder to stick to. Well, if you don't have the correct color of ink, first ink up your image in versamark, then go directly to your classic ink pad and ink up your image some more, THEN stamp onto the paper and emboss. The Versamark will not damage your Classic Ink color, and it gives the embossing powder something to stick to. Here is an example of what it looks like:

When I stamped my Rose Red right on the paper, it didn't show up. But, then I tried the Versamark, Classic Ink technique and embossed it. It then showed up wonderful! (Little play on words there - did you pick that up???)

Thanks for stopping by today everybody!

Watch for sneak peaks the rest of this month - one for each day left!!!! (15 of them!)

No comments: