Monday, June 8, 2009

And yet another Shower Invite card!!

I have NOT been neglecting this blog, I have NOT been neglecting this blog....okay - maybe a little bit! But I have been crafting! Some things I just can't show you yet! Maybe in the near future tho....and I've also made 24 more Wedding Shower invites. I think this is the last round of invites that I should have to create. And this time it was a bit of a challenge. I was VERY, VERY limited on Elegant Eggplant paper. All I had were scraps. YIKES! So, then I was trying to figure out just what to do. This was not easy for me. I think I had 4 dummy invites made up before I decided to just do it. In the end, this is what I came up with:
I'm not jumping up and down over the whole look of it - it steers in the complete opposite direction of my typical clean and simple layout. I tried several things - I tried just one flourish, I tried 3 flourishes, and I tried 4. I tried a completely different background of small flowers. I tried a scallop edge on the edge of the card, then I tried it torn. In the end, I think it's alright. I DO love the dress image in this stamp set (Blooming with Happiness - SU Retired). And the flourishes are nice and elegant....it could all grow on me!
More to come this week - for real!
Jen
Recipe:
Stamps: Blooming with Happiness, Baroque Motifs
Ink: Eleganct Eggplant, Stazon White
Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Nesties Dies, SU Lots of Tags Die, Fine Cosmo Glitter - what??? No ribbon????

No comments: