Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ahhhhhh.......

to actually get to sit at my craft table and create something....ahhhhh!!! The last time I showed you something, I was home with Will who was sick. He about did me in. My mental state that is! He's three, and typically when he's sick, he's easy maintenance. Lays on the couch, watches movies, doesn't ask for much. Well, something went awry - he wanted to be HELD! As in, hold me while I sleep. 40 extra pounds on my lap of sweaty, feverish kid is not my ideal way to spend the day. And when I needed to use the restroom, he complained that I was gone too long. He even told his father that I'd been "naughty" because I kept getting up and walking around. The next day, I gave him plenty of Motrin, took him to the sitter, and then later to the doctor. Puss pockets on the throat. That must be what caused him to turn into a lap dog. I hope we don't have those go around again. Once we got some good antibiotics for him, we were then prepared to spend the weekend camping....and that was great. Very relaxing, wonderful weather, good friends. I can't wait to go again - and neither can the kids - they are already asking to go! We may just have a mini camping session in the camper this weekend! Then, to end the weekend on a REALLY spiffy note - we got the call that our order was ready, and we could go pick up this:



Isn't she adorable?? We named her Marley - as that's what she was already nicknamed by the previous owners. The boys are having a good time with her. And I think she must be pretty smart - Alex (who is 18 months) was standing in my flower garden tonight, and Marley started pulling on his jeans and tried pulling him out of there. I think she's gonna be my little sidekick! Protecting my flowers already??? What a good dog!
Okay - so on with my creation for the evening. I was thrilled to get to finally participate in Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch once again. I've printed out every sketch for the last few weeks with every intention of sitting down and getting it done - and - NOTHING! Summer brings lots of outdoor work. Last night I planted 50 strawberry plants....okay, I'm getting off subject again!!!! Here is my rendition of Karen's sketch:

For this one, I broke out some old paper and ink - Blue Bayou (from last years In Colors) and Porcelain Prints DSP. I think they work great with Baha Breeze! I'm really gonna miss Baha Breeze come July 1st! However - I've got my new In Colors ordered, and I think I have a fav already picked out! Curious? Hmmmm......wish I could tell you, but you are going to have to wait!!! It was really fun to break out some old paper and play. And nice to know that the colors can always work together! The stamp set is Thoughts and Prayers. Watch for an upcoming class with this set. Tenatively scheduled for August!
Okay - enough rambling for the night! I'll be back tomorrow with more!
Jen

2 comments:

Ann said...

Such a cute pup! Your card is wonderful--great take on the sketch!

JulieG said...

Your little puppy is SO CUTE!!!! What a sweet little pup for the boys to grow up with :D (the card is awesome too!)